Friday, September 21, 2012

No Definitive Answer Yet On The Blue Light Blockers

Sleep Deprivation Makes You Carb Out

I still cannot report that the blue blocking lenses are working because of other things that have caused me to have poor sleep or awakened me in the middle of the night. One night I went out with a friend and we went to the Cottonwood Grille for coffee drinks on the patio after dinner. Hopefully this is a picture of the Cottonwood Grille patio. You can see why we wanted to take advantage of something so gorgeous that will soon probably not be comfortable once the weather gets colder and it will. It's September 21, kids. It got dark about a half an hour after we got there and so yeah, I was drinking a coffee after dark. Totally fucked up my sleep that night. I sort of recovered a bit the next night. But the night after that my dog woke me up at 3:40AM to go outside. The reason I'm sure was because I went to sleep at 10:30PM which is WAY WAY early for me, and as a consequence for her too. Way Early for both of us. So that makes me think the blue light blocking lenses would work if there weren't other things going on.  I only made it worse by sleeping in the morning after the middle of the night wake up, so I'm still not on a regular schedule. But so far, because of those events, I can't say that I have a definitive conclusion yet, on the blue light blockers. However, I'm leaning towards the thumbs up.  I can feel myself getting sleepy and fighting it way sooner than ever before.  That's good. Real good.

THE DUDE WEARING WAYFARERS
I got two different pairs of blue light blocking glasses. One really looks cool, but is really for being out in the sun so they are more like sunglasses and a bit too dark. So the ones I like have wrap around lighter lenses and I can read or do whatever without straining my eyes. I even go outside to get my dog in (she's deaf now and so calling her doesn't work) and it's dark and I'm still wearing them. ha ha But because I like the way my old face looks behind the sunglass type blue light blocking lenses, I'm hot to get some prescription sunglasses in Rayban Wayfarer frames as the Amazon.com review of those glasses said they were a knock off of those Ray-ban Wayfarers.  No wonder the Dude wears them. They are dark and cool. And even though I'm probably not cool enough to wear them, I want them. I can fantasize about being cool.  The Wayfarers are not as popular as they used to be, but I think they are a classic. So you learn something new every day whether you want to or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment