Saturday, September 25, 2010

Found the scale!

So scary. 246 pounds.  I thought it would be worse. I'm sure if I did this in June it would have been. Didn't get started until Thursday 9/23/2010.  Ordered some bread from Linda's Diet Delites and it arrived a week later and moldy even though I had paid for perishable shipping. They were nice and replaced the bread, but then I found out I could order the bread directly and will from now on as the bakery is in California.  The bread is from Julian Bakery and only had 1 gram of carbs per slice.  Has 12 grams of fiber per slice and so if you have a sandwich, you are way over the recommended 15 grams of fiber per day.  So no constipation fears - har!

 I'm reading Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and it doesn't just explain the science behind the low carb diet, but it explains the history of the way the world still seems to think about diet.  When I got to the part about Alzheimers and Cancer as by products of the diseases of civilization, it made me that much more dedicated to going low carb. Wow!  Everyone should read this book and learn what quacks Jane Brody and Dean Ornish are.  Nothing lasts longer than a bad idea though and people are still spouting that crap about fat being bad for you including those douche bags at Weight Watchers.  I'll bet some people will still deny the evidence of all the research, and as they have so many times in the past continue to ignore it or dismiss it. You can't convince people because they are brainwashed. Oh well. Even people who majored in sciences and have degrees in science.  You can only do what you can do.

Will check back in next Thursday and update the weight thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment